PADI Instructor Development Course – AU$3,999
The PADI Instructor Development Course is your passport to an international lifestyle of diving, travel and a career you’ll really love!
The Sunreef Mooloolaba x Blue Horizon Diving’s PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) is your gateway to becoming a highly skilled scuba instructor. Unlike other scuba instructor courses our program installs the skills needed to excel as a world-class instructor, not just pass the exams.
Mooloolaba on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland provides a unique training environment with world-class dive sites that will be both challenging and extremely rewarding. Sunreef is a leading PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Centre and marine tourism operator in Queensland. You will become proficient, impressive and highly employable as a Sunreef IDC graduate. Dive into a rewarding scuba instructor career with Sunreef and be prepared to shine in the underwater world.
The Sunreef Mooloolaba x Blue Horizon Diving IDC is held over 10 days, with time off in the middle. This gives our candidates extra time to practise or study where needed. We want to make sure you receive the maximum amount of training and professional guidance in your personal development towards becoming a PADI Dive Instructor.
Our PADI Course Directors, Master Instructors and numerous IDC staff will be on hand to assist you throughout your course.
- PADI Instructor Development Program
- Emergency First Responder Instructor Development Course
- PADI Instructor Development eLearning
- PADI Instructor Development slate pack
- EFR Instructor materials
- Blended learning with online and classroom theory sessions
- 5 Specialty Instructor ratings
- Team teach and certify your first real student
- Career development assistance
- Job interview for immediate paid work with Sunreef Mooloolaba
- Additional dive theory practice exam sessions
- Wreck Dives on HMAS Brisbane
Preparing for your IDC
All PADI Instructor Development Courses begin with independent learning and preparation at home via the PADI eLearning system. To get the most out of the course, we recommend candidates complete all knowledge reviews from the IDC Candidate Workbook before the course starts.
A mandatory requirement of PADI Open Water scuba instructors is to be a qualified EFR instructor. During this two-day program (included in your course) you will learn to teach first aid and primary care based on internationally recognised emergency care guidelines. You will learn how to emphasise a comfortable learning environment.
Scuba Instructors affiliated with other certification organisations may attend a PADI IDC program (followed by an IE) in order to cross over to PADI to become PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors.
PADI 5 Star IDC Centre, Sunreef Mooloolaba, The Wharf, Mooloolaba, Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
What do I need to start?
- PADI Divemaster (or qualifying certification from another organisation)
- Have CPR and First Aid Training within the last 24 months
- Have been a certfied diver for at least 6 months
- Have 100 logged dives
- Have a commercial dive medical sign off within last 12 months
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Want a fun and exciting career!
- PADI application fees
- EFRI application fees
- PADI IE fee
- Professional dive medical (AS4005.1 or AS2299) required before course start
Next IDC Dates
- 4-13 December 2023